Tuesday 5 September 2023

Jimmy Buffett’s sister reveals she was diagnosed with cancer ‘about the same time’ as him

 



When the late singer Jimmy Buffett was diagnosed with a rare skin cancer about four years ago, his younger sister Laurie Buffett McGuane was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer not long after.

McGuane, who is now cancer-free, told People the siblings supported each other through their individual treatments.

“Jimmy and I became closer because of our cancers. We talked before and after our scans,” she said. “We shared a club that nobody wants to join. I am thunderstruck that Jimmy didn’t make it.”

She remembered her brother, whom she affectionately called Bubba, for inspiring her to stay strong.

“I rode my horse during my treatments and tried to continue with my life the same way Jimmy has done,” McGuane said. “He brought joy to so many. I am very emotional now. When Jimmy was in the world, I felt safe.”

McGuane said she was among the family members by Buffett’s side when he died. She shared a photo of them as children in a tribute on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment

US star Danielle Collins takes shock Miami Open win in emotional farewell season

Danielle Collins enjoyed a fairytale Miami Open this week, winning one of the biggest titles of her career and accomplishing one of her ma...